F2/H4

Thepoweroflove

Hello All,

I had applied for a visitor's visa in jan2010 which were however denied considering that i was single at that time. Now I am married and my Husband is in US on f1, he is working on OPT(optional practical training. We got married in Feb 2011 and i applied for my F2 (twice), but it was denied as my Husband's OPT ends in August 2011. His company has filed for his H1B visa and hopefully we should be getting the approval notice by the end of June 2011. My questions are:- 1) should i apply right away with his H1b approval notice on f2/H4. 2) Can i apply on H4, while my husband is on F1 with the H1b approval notice w.e.t October. 3) should i wait till october and then apply on H4. 4) if i get the H4 visa now, then will i be able to travel immediately or it will be from effect to October???

Awaiting to rec help from your end

Thank you

Regards

Thepoweroflove

I am also in the same boat. My wife applied for her F2 visa and it got rejected because my OPT is going to expire in July. Now i got my H1 approved and i got my Cap-Gap I20 extended till Sep 30'th.Since because H4 is a safer bet compared to F2, she is planning to go for her H4 visa interview in July, but she can only enter US after Oct.

There are some mixed rumors that H4 needs to apply only after H1 start date.NOT SURE ON THIS ONE.waiting for someone to give their valuable inputs on this case.

Thank You

Thanks ponte for ur suggestionss... i was just checking the dates available for the interview... there are no dates at all in the month of June for h4 in india with rejected cases (dates are available for first timers)... now i am worried that... i have already waited for four months (still four months remaining till oct) after the wedding as my husband left just 5 days after we got married ... now wait again for the visa interview datess.... the wait seems endlesss... do you know how long it takes to take an interview date in this busy season?

Thanks once again for ur suggesstions!

• 3 weeks later...

As stated above i have been denied the US visa for three times and out of which two times is within past 6 months only... now i am applying for H4 as my husband has got the approval notice... but from more than one month i am looking for dates... its only says in red that its a busy season......... if anyone knows please tell me, how long does it take for the interview dates to open....???

Kalyan

Thanks for replying. I am a Maharashtra state resident. But currently Mumbai office is under re-construction so no H4 visa interviews happen here. whichever city it is available i will go and my problem is with two denials. there are no dates with two denials :( if update if you see any date open.

Thanks

i believe prior denials are not an issue for H4 Visa, you just have to be frank when answering the questions, my friend had similar issue, f2 visa rejected twice, then his spouse went for H4 Visa and VO asked few questions and her visa was approved. dont think about the F2 denials when attending H4 Visa. I see dates in HYD opened for first week of Aug. Hope this information is helpful for you.

Thanks all of you for your suggesstions... just waiting for the dates to open. i feel it might take another two weeks to open

If i find any dates i will update here so you guys can also book appointments.

I just hope and pray i get my h4 visa and get to see my husband. its been more than five months now that i am waiting for things to work out on the visa front

Thanks and Regards

• 2 weeks later...

@thepoweroflove

My Wife is in a similar situation and we reside in pune, however If you select the State of Residence other than Maharashtra, even with two F2 denials you would see the date but not when the State of Residence is Maharashtra!!! which is strange..does anybody have a clue? Please update here if you find any dates available.....

Thanks.

@kalyan

Yep,I know that however we are trying for the Chennai Consulate but when you try to book an appointment It will not show any dates,If you change your state of residence to something else It will show the dates!! Does this mean we should not select 'Maharashtra' as our state of residence while applying?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived