I-485 Approved within 3 months of filing EB2 India

prostar

My friend and his spouse had their I-485's approved within 3 months of filing.

PD April 2006.

I-485, EAD, A/P filed in end of Oct 2010.

I-485 Approved Jan 13, 2011. EAD and A/P voided.

This is a true miracle by any standards!!

Those in line - Don't lose hope! Things will progress!

This is wonderful news for the applicants.

It is true that USCIS processing times for I-485s being filed with current priority dates has improved significantly. The processing time is generally within 6 months. Please note however, that if the I-485 is approved in less than 180 days, then the applicant does NOT have AC21 portability. The applicant should continue to work for the green card sponsor after the I-485 is approved.

Hi Laila, which USCIS service center was this at? Texas? California? Or Nebraska?

My 485 was sent to Texas back in early Decembrer and it seems to be much slower than Nebraska.

Originally posted by Laila79:

We submitted I-485 Nov 4 2010, Recieved by USCIS on Nov 8th, FP appointment for Dec 20th 2010. Recieved Approval/welcome notice on Jan 20, 2011 stating tehat petition was approved on jan 14th, and that Greencards would be recieved within the next 3 weeks!

US01 - This was at the Nebraska center.

The online status were updated a week later than the actual notice was receieved by the attorney. The other interesting thing is that a couple of days after the green card petition was approved we also recieved approvals for the EAD and AP!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived