are only consultants impacted by 221G?

garich27

I am currently directly employed with a company as a service professional, not in an IT or consultant role.

I am just wondering reading all the cases here, that most of the folks impacted by 221G are consultants working for a client through a desi employer. Is this a safe assumption.

I am planning to travel later this year and will need to go for my renewal visa stamp.

Thanks

You should be safe unless you have spotty history...Recent actions taken by US consulates are purely on consultants; of course everyone know how these "consultants and body-shoppers" operate...false paperwork, bench etc...

Also, just by having a full time direct job does not mean you are 100% safe...its case by case basis (are you qualified, ever been out of status, DUI etc...)

Good luck!

Originally posted by pontevecchio:

In that case you should have minimal trouble. Most cases seem to involve multiple layers with shoddy paperwork. Working in a different place without amendments, the employer being too cheap to hire a good Lawyer,rogue employers on their radar.

I personally few people who work in organization like UBS and Deloitte Consulting and who have been stuck in India since December 2010. What you say is right but then it is not limited to such rogue employers.

Archived