canada visitor visa for h1b stamping

andy_padhi

Experts please advice:

Planning to get multiple entry Canadian visitor visa, to apply for h1b stamping in Canada. Have arrest record for disorderly conduct(municipal ordinance violation) in past. Got case dismissed, did not plead guilty. No fingerprints, no mugshot.

1.Am I eligible for Canadian visitor visa?

2.In form IMM5257, background info section:

Have you ever committed, been for or been charged with any criminal offence in any county?

Should it be yes, even though its a municipal ordinance violation and state and FBI record is clean?

3.During H1b stamping interview, how much delay should i expect, to plan accordingly? or IS going to INDIA BETTER OPTION?

Any one please suggest/help.

Originally posted by andy_padhi:

Experts please advice:

Planning to get multiple entry Canadian visitor visa, to apply for h1b stamping in Canada. Have arrest record for disorderly conduct(municipal ordinance violation) in past. Got case dismissed, did not plead guilty. No fingerprints, no mugshot.

1.Am I eligible for Canadian visitor visa?

~~ You should be. I don't know if ther's any rule/law that says you cannot apply for canada visitor visa in such a circumstance. Those questions are in the form with Yes/No options so that everyone can apply.

2.In form IMM5257, background info section:

Have you ever committed, been for or been charged with any criminal offence in any county?

Should it be yes, even though its a municipal ordinance violation and state and FBI record is clean?

~~ Sorry, can't answer this correctly . Contact your Company Lawyer who should have better answer.

3.During H1b stamping interview, how much delay should i expect, to plan accordingly? or IS going to INDIA BETTER OPTION?

~~ No one can answer this. We all wish there's a way to find out so that we all can avoid the delay . I would say - Have all your documentation and paperworks perfect and leave the rest to God.

There's uncertainity in India/Canada/Any where you land up for Visa stamping now a days.

Any one please suggest/help.

What was the disorderly conduct?

Was the case dismissed outright with no plea bargains of any kind?

You should apply for the Canadian visa with full and truthful details. If you get the visa you should be able to travel there as a tourist in future. If you do not it means You cannot visit Canada for a long time.

Get your visa in India if possible.

Archived