H4 221g white slip hyd consulate

vinudepu

Hi All,

I have applied for my H4 renewal at Hyd Consulate on june 14th (my husband is in U.S and has no stamping on passport,but valid I797) , VO asked me about my education and gave me a white 221g slip, retained my passport and said to fill up a questionnaire sent thru email and attach docs like my resume transcripts publications if any.Am from bio tech and have masters in it. I submitted the docs on 16 june and from then have been waiting for any updates. Online status shows still under processing and passport tracking shows with U.S embassy. Is anyone else in the same boat? Please help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have got my visa today from Hyderabad consulate.

Details:

interview date: 14 june 2011

Asked docs: passport I797

Questions Asked about my education(masters in biotech)

case 221 G White slip

Docs requested through email: Questionnaire on biodata,Resume,Educational transcripts, Job details.

Submitted docs: 16 july 2011

Response date: 12 july 2011

Total time:3 weeks

All the best guys,have faith.

Once the consulate has received documents submitted in response to a 221g request, it is necessary to closely monitor the case. Following up with the consulate and the Department of State is necessary from time to time when the officer thinks that they have an issue and are attempting to delay processing of the case.

@Murthy Law Firm Attorney 15

My wife got 221G for her H4 2 months back. We submitted all documents immediately and its been 8 weeks. We are contacting VFS through emails. They are replying some times saying visa still pending and not replying to most of our mails. Is there any proper channel where we will come to know the exact status? Taking help of immigration lawyer will speed up the process? Please suggest.

My wife's case number is still not showing status on Hyderabad Consulate site, it says case not found.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi vinudepu,

My wife has gone for a H4 visa stamping on 11th Oct... At the end of intv, she was given a white form where in they checked the box which indicated,, they would be sending in few Questions to her mail and she needs to respond back to those Questions.... and they held back passport... they didnot return the passport to her....

The case is similar to your situation. She was to finish her Masters in Pharmacy this Oct... but its getting delayed due to some issues in the university.

The Questions are:

A complete CV/resume and a complete list of publications and professional/research references. CV/resume should be submitted in text (*.txt) format. If you are retired, you MUST still include a CV/resume listing your past work and any part-time work since retirement.

A scanned copy of the invitation letter from the organization/university that you will meet or attend. The letter should be saved and sent as an Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) file.

You may scan and attach supplementary material if needed, such as invitation letters, transcripts and research papers. Supplementary materials should be saved and sent as Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) files.

I have no clue what to respond to these Questions.... as she is just coming to join me and not for some education purpose....

Can someone help me in this regard.... I am seriously waiting for help.... as to answer these Questions....

Thanks in advance

@Vinudepu

What did u reply for the Question "A scanned copy of the invitation letter from the organization/university that you will meet or attend."... Did u mention saying that i am coming to US on H4 and have no intention to study or pursue education?

By any chance is it possible to give a rough idea of what you have replied for the 3 questions...?

• 1 month later...

@Vinudepu

What did u reply for the Question "A scanned copy of the invitation letter from the organization/university that you will meet or attend."... Did u mention saying that i am coming to US on H4 and have no intention to study or pursue education?

By any chance is it possible to give a rough idea of what you have replied for the 3 questions...?

Hi Sorry to catch up on the forum so late. Did your wife get her visa? for my case it took 3 weeks exactly for the visa approval.If you got the visa congratulations for it.

Just in case you still waiting let me tell you what i sent.

i sent my resume, certificates joining n resignation letter from my previous office. they did not ask me for university details..

They asked to send the resume in .doc format, but i sent it in msword still they approved it and sent my visa on time.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

My husband attended for H4 visa interview at hyderabad consulate on sept 4rth. They retained his passport and gave him 221 g white form requesting the below documents from my employer.

1) H1B petition with all supported documents

2) Technical description of my project, with current status, time line, Number of people in the project from my employer.

3) Itenary of services that specifies the dates of each service, names and addresses of actual employers, and names and addresses of locations where the services will be performed.

I have sent all the requested documents from my employer on 7nth september.

The only thing i am worried about is my project is ending on 14nth september. It was supposed to be long term, but due to budget issues, they are ending the contracts of all the contractors. My case is still under administrative processing.

Will the VFS people call my client and verify the information ?

What if i am not there at client place when they call up here?

Does this have any effect on my husband's h4 visa?

Please help me....

• 1 month later...

@Murthy Law Firm Attorney 15

My wife got 221G for her H4 2 months back. We submitted all documents immediately and its been 8 weeks. We are contacting VFS through emails. They are replying some times saying visa still pending and not replying to most of our mails. Is there any proper channel where we will come to know the exact status? Taking help of immigration lawyer will speed up the process? Please suggest.

My wife's case number is still not showing status on Hyderabad Consulate site, it says case not found.

is your case resolved and got your passport with stamped?

Thanks,

Sari

Archived