EAD filed at TSC and waiting

s_usa

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have applied for renewal of my EAD card on April 25, 2011 at USCIS Dallas Lock Box, the application has been pending for more than 120 days. My EAD expired on 08/29/2011. Below are the sequence of events that I tried:

1. Applied for EAD card and Adavance Payroll Docon April 25, 2011

2. on 07/28, received *** APPROVED *** Adavance Payroll doc

3. On 07/29 I Opened Service Request by calling USCIS customer service at 1-800-375-5283

4. On 08/12/2011 took info pass appointment at local office, they said that they requested for Expedited processing and said I will be contacted in 2 business days, I haven`t heard

any even after 5 business days.

5. On 08/16, I have seeked assistance from my local Congressman to contact USICS on behalf of me, they said they have promptly contacted USICS on 08/16 and asked USICS to please research my case.

6. On 08/18 I called again USCIS customer service at 1-800-375-5283 and opened a new request for expediting my case in 5 business days and stated the reason for expediting as it could affect my employment and my family receiving health benefits/effect home mortgage payments.

7. On 08/19 I called again USCIS customer service at 1-800-375-5283 just to check for any update, I did not get any update, they said still pending in initial review.

8. On 08/22 I emailed and faxed TSC to expedite the processing as I might be terminated at work.

9. On 08/24/2011 took info pass appointment at local office, the lady seemed pretty helpful, she immediately called TSC and spoke with somebody over there asking to work and adjudicate on my application, I was told that she is now working on my file and said soon I will be hearing the decision. Even till today 08/29 it still shows in the system as initial review. My employer has asked me not to come to work from tomorrow.

Can anybody please suggest or help me. I am running out of ideas.

I have applied for renewal of my EAD card on April 25, 2011 at USCIS Dallas Lock Box, the application has been pending for more than 120 days. My EAD expired on 08/29/2011. Below are the sequence of events that I tried:

1. Applied for EAD card and Adavance Payroll Docon April 25, 2011

2. on 07/28, received *** APPROVED *** Adavance Payroll doc

3. On 07/29 I Opened Service Request by calling USCIS customer service at 1-800-375-5283

4. On 08/12/2011 took info pass appointment at local office, they said that they requested for Expedited processing and said I will be contacted in 2 business days, I haven`t heard

any even after 5 business days.

5. On 08/16, I have seeked assistance from my local Congressman to contact USICS on behalf of me, they said they have promptly contacted USICS on 08/16 and asked USICS to please research my case.

6. On 08/18 I called again USCIS customer service at 1-800-375-5283 and opened a new request for expediting my case in 5 business days and stated the reason for expediting as it could affect my employment and my family receiving health benefits/effect home mortgage payments.

7. On 08/19 I called again USCIS customer service at 1-800-375-5283 just to check for any update, I did not get any update, they said still pending in initial review.

8. On 08/22 I emailed and faxed TSC to expedite the processing as I might be terminated at work.

9. On 08/24/2011 took info pass appointment at local office, the lady seemed pretty helpful, she immediately called TSC and spoke with somebody over there asking to work and adjudicate on my application, I was told that she is now working on my file and said soon I will be hearing the decision. Even till today 08/29 it still shows in the system as initial review. My employer has asked me not to come to work from tomorrow.

Can anybody please suggest or help me I am running out of ideas.

Hi all,

As a last resort I reached my local senators office after 1 day of my old EAD expiry. They immediately sent an email to TSC and on the same day evening I got an email from USICS that my EAD was approved and Card ordered for production.

What I learnt from this exercise is never mail EAD application before 120 days, I had sent my EAD app about 122 days, just 2 days early and they simply left it aside and never cared to process, inspite of trying to reach/raise the flag many times by calling Customer service/info pass. I guess mine is a very rare scenario and hope nobody falls into this.

Archived