Case transferred back to TSC from local office 1 week before becoming current!!

KJ Choi

My PD is June 06 EB2-I. My I 485 case was transferred from TSC to NBC and then to the local office back in Dec 2008. I had an interview at the local office in March 09 and a followup fingerprinting one year later. They told me that it was pre-adjudicated and waiting for a visa number.

Now barely 10 days before my PD becomes current I got a notice that it was being transferred back to TSC (still with the Initial Review status). Does anyone know what the reason could be? Does anyone else have a similar experience? I am afraid it might go back to and endless line from here.

Thanks for the reply... Looks like they have transferred my case back to uscis local office... the LUD got updated on 4/25 and 4/29 with the same message. The message is as follows:

nitial Review

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

What are they doing exactly? I have no clue... I hope I get my GC soon.. <Fingers crossed>

• 2 weeks later...

Item #8 is really weird. I was on EB(3) I-485, got married to a US citizen and did a interfile of my EB93) I-485 to family based I-485 after I-130 approval.

1) OCT 25, 2010

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On October 25, 2010, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER

2)NOV 1, 2010

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office.

3) On Nov.29, 2010 , I received a notice from USCIS to appear for interview on Dec.30, 2010.

4) Interview Complete on Dec.30, 2010 and I got a RFE the following week for BC related queries and I had replied to my RFE within 3 weeks.

5)Feb 1, 2011,

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On February 1, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

6)Feb 8, 2011

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On February 8, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

7)Got Green Card in mail on Feb 10, 2011

8) Feb 28, 2011 ( I believe this email was generated in error from their system since this goes back to my first item on this list when I had a email from them on Oct.25 2010, the text is slightly different though the dates are the same)

Receipt Number: SRC0416351476

On October 25, 2010, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

• 4 weeks later...

EB2 - India - Jan 27th 2007.

My case was at USCIS office and got a letter saying that now the case is transferred to TSC for faster processing. Interview / FP was done in 2009 and IO said that now i just need for my date to become current and visa number be available. Online Status = Initial Review.

Archived