Urgent Help Needed - H1B and Green Card processing!!!!

Hello All,

Would appreciate your inputs to my query below:

I am currently on an H1B visa which is going to expire in April, 2012 (first cycle of 3 years). My present company, which holds my H1B is willing to extend my visa for another three years. They will start doing the paperwork in another 2-3 weeks time.

Also, I am going to start my Green Card processing through family soon (my wife will be US citizen in appx a month's time from now, waiting for the oath ceremony).

My Query is:

1. Will my H1B extension processing from my company will have any impact on my Green Card processing or vice versa?

2. Is there any conflict of interest between the two that would risk my either application if filed at the same time frame?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Raj

please consult a lawyer.

no, filing H1 extension will not conflict with filing FB GC in the future and vice versa.

Originally posted by raj_adora:

Hello All,

Would appreciate your inputs to my query below:

I am currently on an H1B visa which is going to expire in April, 2012 (first cycle of 3 years). My present company, which holds my H1B is willing to extend my visa for another three years. They will start doing the paperwork in another 2-3 weeks time.

Also, I am going to start my Green Card processing through family soon (my wife will be US citizen in appx a month's time from now, waiting for the oath ceremony).

My Query is:

1. Will my H1B extension processing from my company will have any impact on my Green Card processing or vice versa?

2. Is there any conflict of interest between the two that would risk my either application if filed at the same time frame?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Raj

Archived