Green slip 221g and employer denied to provide documents

ashi1212

I went for my H1-B stamping to New-Delhi consulate on 8 august 2011 and the VO issued me a green slip 221g asking for employer related documents like past 2 yrs of company's federal income tax returns and

W-2s of all the employees employed by the company in past 1 year.I asked my employer to provide me the docs but they denied.Also i asked them if they can send the docs by email to the vfs directly but in that case also they said the vfs id is not secured and they cant do it that way also.

My husband is in US on H-1 B visa since last 3 years but i am stuck in India with my 8 months old baby.I desperately want to go back to US and stay with my husband.Can anyone tell me what can i do in this situation.Is there any other way through which i can convince my employer.Has any one been in the same situation.Please share any information you have about my condition and any kind of solution is highly appreciated.

I am sorry to read your experience but if your employer refused to give the required docs then it means that your emploer does not have a solid financial holding and must have done many illegal things which can be exposed once someone else see the paper.

As you said your husband is on H4 and you are desprate to live with your husband and if only that is important to you then best bet will be forget H1 and go for H4.

Best of Luck!!!

Employer's right - VFS is a courier agency. You could ask your employer to send you confidential documents in a sealed envelop; which is what I did. You could then submit these alongwith rest of the docs at the VFS location and follow their instructions. All the best.

My husband was in the same boat at New Delhi Embassy. We got lawyer from one of the best companies in US, also contact the local congress but since his was a E-V-C model, even after we submitted the papers they had asked his visa was denied. If you were working with EVC model its not much hope with New Delhi embassy.

If you are in EVC model, I would suggest have your employer first cancel your H1 by sending a mail to USCIS. Then apply for H4 visa at another consulate. We went to Calcutta consulate for his H4 interview.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived