Are all employment based GC for future employment?

Company A sponsored me for my green card and I got my I-140 approved. I have never worked for this company A before. I am working for company B now and need use this I-140 from company A to extend my H1B in company B. But now company B has issue with my I-140 approval and they do not believe I can get approved I-140 from a company where I've never worked before. My understanding is that green card is for future employment and it is not required to work for the sponsor before I get my green card. Can somebody educate me more about this? I think company B thought I have done something illegal and hesitated to extend my working visa in case they will get into any trouble.

Thanks a lot!

please consult a lawyer.

you are correct, GC if for future employment and you can start LC PERM and apply I-140 even without working with your future employer, and you need to start working with your future employer once I-485 is approved.

it is your task to prove that your company A petition is legal (by providing the I-140 approval notice) to company B and/or lawyer and verify the validity of your future employment petition.

Originally posted by hollowheart:

Company A sponsored me for my green card and I got my I-140 approved. I have never worked for this company A before. I am working for company B now and need use this I-140 from company A to extend my H1B in company B. But now company B has issue with my I-140 approval and they do not believe I can get approved I-140 from a company where I've never worked before. My understanding is that green card is for future employment and it is not required to work for the sponsor before I get my green card. Can somebody educate me more about this? I think company B thought I have done something illegal and hesitated to extend my working visa in case they will get into any trouble.

Thanks a lot!

Archived