H1 Extension Regular Processing-VSC- ** July** Only

dontspamme

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CaseType - H1B extn using i-140 beyond 6 years & H4 extn

Receipt Date- July15th

Status - Initial Review

I have friends who applied on July-5th and July12th also in Initial Review. I think they didn't started processing July cases yet. Today Oct-10 also Federal Holiday.

Oh my god how long it's going to take? VSC really horrible.

All,

Its ironic that 5 minutes after I posted no updates , i got e-mail from USCIS about my petition being approved. Following are the details,

Application received July 1st, at VSC

H1B extension based on I-140 approval beyond 6 years

Regular processing

Good luck to rest of the people in wait, I think they have started processing July applications as one of my friends who applied on July 1st also got his approval yesterday.

Thanks,

Zango

Is there any more approval for July?

Is the long delay because most of the Indian consultancies are in East Coast and they filled for their employees in Vermont?

Is it possible to file our cases to other geographically located centers?(So that we can avoid this much delays in future.)

Is there any more approval for July?

Is the long delay because most of the Indian consultancies are in East Coast and they filled for their employees in Vermont?

Is it possible to file our cases to other geographically located centers?(So that we can avoid this much delays in future.)

You have to apply in the region your employer is located. You cannot apply to other centers. There are many consulting companies belonging to many different races! The delays can be due to so many reasons, no one really can know the exact reasons. In general, if they have a heavy backlog of cases they will be delayed. H1B is not the only visa type they process, there are many different types that they process.

They are a government organization and so they work slowly unlike in private sector. VSC apparently works only 4 days a week. You can rule out Nov and Dec because holiday season begins and people are in that mood so less work is done especially in government sector.

Receipt date: july 25th

H1B extension after 3 years, regular processing.

completed 3 months as of today Oct 25th, 2011 after getting receipt.

Did you sign up for email update? You might be getting your approval soon because it appears they are taking about 3-4 months. Please post back if you get the email update.

niko, I think it's not correct for you to assume something like what you are saying. I'm not happy with their delays either but not beacuse of that I should judge them because they are "government"

employees or because they are in a holiday season "mood". Don't get me wrong, I know what you mean, you are not happy with the delays, but I don't think is correct to just write those statementes because you can do so. Just my thoughts.

Archived