H4 stamping for first time

vkiran

Hi..

I am a resident of US for the past 5 years and am on H1. I am going to India for my marriage and am planning to get my VISA stamped. I am planning to get my VISA stamped in Chennai consulate. My wife is a resident of Andhra Pradesh. Can my wife come along with me for H4 stamping to Chennai? or Will it cause any problem as she is a resident of Andhra Pradesh and should be stamped only in Hyd consulate?

Can my wife who is a resident of Andhra Pradesh come along with me to Chennai consulate for her H4 stamping for the first time?

Please advise. Thanks for your inputs.

• 10 months later...

I have about the same question. I have been an H1 visa holder since 4 years and I want to apply for an H4 visa for my husband. My husband's passport was issued at Chandigarh. I am a native of Andhra Pradesh (Initial passport issued at Hyderabad, it was lost and the current one was issued by Indian Consulate at Houston). Can my husband attend for his H4 at Hyderabad Consulate (by virtue of my residency) or should he attend visa interview at Delhi (by virtue of his residency)?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Archived