221g Green Slip + Passport handed back + I-797 kept by VO

h1bstuckinindia

Hi All need some view's and suggestions:

I am on H1B since last 2 years, visiting India went for stamping at New Delhi. Below are the details:

VO: what do you do sir?

Me:...........

VO: How long have you been working for ?

VO: Do u work direct for Client?

Me: Got a Vendor Company.................

VO: Do you have Client Letter & Vendor letter?

Me: Yes, provided. He went thru each and every line by line and handed it back.

VO: Number of Employees in Company?

Me: ........................(Small size desi company)

VO: 221g green slip to my hand, please submit the checked documents at VFS, returned my passport back and kept my I-797 with him.

(Now am in dilemma, passport is returned back and I-797 kept with him, Again in 221g green slip he has checked box requesting to submit I-797, I-129, LCA, cover letter and Client & Vendor Contract and Client letter)

After keeping my I-797, form requires me to submit it.

Now, I stay in hyderabad and was in New delhi for interview, and Documents are a must to be submitted at same VFS center as US Consulate. (Its kinda foolish system around)

Any one with similar experience.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

This happened with me today. VISA officer took all my Original documents (Degree certificates, Marks sheets, Current & Previous employment letters, Birth Certificate of my son, Client Letter and Vendor Letter etc) and returned my passport. Not sure If I have to wait till I hear from them or email them about my Original documents ? I am not sure on how I will get my original documents back. ? Any Suggestions ?

where I can check the case status ?

Took original documents ??? Which color form were you given ? Case Status might never be updated. I am waiting since 4 weeks, no update. There are cases where it was not updates even after getting visa after 5 months.

w/o original can't even apply for Jobs in India... I just dont understand.

Anyone else whose case status is updated online, if so, after what timeframe....

Hi,

This happened with me today. VISA officer took all my Original documents (Degree certificates, Marks sheets, Current & Previous employment letters, Birth Certificate of my son, Client Letter and Vendor Letter etc) and returned my passport. Not sure If I have to wait till I hear from them or email them about my Original documents ? I am not sure on how I will get my original documents back. ? Any Suggestions ?

where I can check the case status ?

Usually the consulates never take any of ur original certificates.. If they have in your case, just write an email to the VFS / consulate & ask when would you receive ur originals back. This way u would have something in writing that you have submitted these documents. Did the VO give u in writing at the time of interview that he /she is keeping the originals ??

• 9 months later...

Hi h1bstuckinindia,

DId you get your visa back? Please update your result here.... Thanks in advance. Im in the same boat please help.

Regards,

Prakash.

Hi All need some view's and suggestions:

I am on H1B since last 2 years, visiting India went for stamping at New Delhi. Below are the details:

VO: what do you do sir?

VO: How long have you been working for ?

VO: Do u work direct for Client?

Me: Got a Vendor Company.................

VO: Do you have Client Letter & Vendor letter?

Me: Yes, provided. He went thru each and every line by line and handed it back.

VO: Number of Employees in Company?

Me: ........................(Small size desi company)

VO: 221g green slip to my hand, please submit the checked documents at VFS, returned my passport back and kept my I-797 with him.

(Now am in dilemma, passport is returned back and I-797 kept with him, Again in 221g green slip he has checked box requesting to submit I-797, I-129, LCA, cover letter and Client & Vendor Contract and Client letter)

After keeping my I-797, form requires me to submit it.

Now, I stay in hyderabad and was in New delhi for interview, and Documents are a must to be submitted at same VFS center as US Consulate. (Its kinda foolish system around)

Any one with similar experience.

Archived