Case denied for no reason...

Last week I received a letter from the USCIS Chicago office denying my case for “APPLICATION FOR ADJUSTMENT FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCEâ€.

This is the reason given by them in letter,

“Section 245(a) (3) of the Act requires an immigrant visa be immediately available to the applicant at the time his or her application for adjustment of status is filed. And you have not established that approved immigration status available to you.â€

I did called quite a few representative from 1-800- .... Number but all of them indicated one fact that the case was denied as they did not have proof of my wife being a USA citizen. My wife was born in the US and is a USA Citizen. We had submitted her U.S. birth certificate with our original application. They did not give us any option to re-open or appeal the case in the letter. There is no way I can act on this letter as they denied my case. I am trying to get a hold of an officer from Chicago office but they are not available on phone.

Can any one guide me on this topic. my I-485 got denied and my EAD with I-485 got cancelled. I lost my job because of loss of EAD. Is there any quick way to fix the issue apart from re-filing the case? I will appreciate any help from members.

Archived