How long can I work with old employer even after the petition with new employer is approved?

I currently work for Company A and had recently got approval to work with Company B. My current petition with Company A expires in 2025.

I want to know how long I can continue working with the company A before I make a decision to move to company B? Is there going to be any trouble for me if I continue the same situation for long term say 9 to 12 months.

Any help to clarify is much appreciated.

18 hours ago, su32597 said:

I currently work for Company A and had recently got approval to work with Company B. My current petition with Company A expires in 2025.

I want to know how long I can continue working with the company A before I make a decision to move to company B? Is there going to be any trouble for me if I continue the same situation for long term say 9 to 12 months.

Any help to clarify is much appreciated.

As long as Company A continues with the payroll and does not withdraw your petition, you can continue working with company A.

However company B will not be thrilled as he has spent thousands of dollars on your Approval.  (I am not a CPA, do not know if Company B can write this off as business loss).

Edited by Zodiac System

How long I can work with Company A - " My current petition with Company A expires in 2025. " Max until this expires. But you need to let Company B know as soon as you can. If you do not join them, they need get H1B approval revoked.

Is there going to be any trouble for me if I continue the same situation for long term say 9 to 12 months. -- Comeon you cannot hold Company B for so much time.