All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
adas579

H1B Approved in regular but Approval notice not received in reg

My H1B Approved in regular process last Jun2021 but Approval Notice was not received yet,  Later my employer submitted e-service request  but USCIS said that Approval notice was sent but we did not received. Later last September I-824 was filed to obtain duplicate approval notice , but its still pending and expedite process  was denied.  

Now my employer saying that my 240 days after I-94 expiry is approaching  in end of july22 and I can't work after that as I-9 verification need to be updated with new I-94 which we did not receive yet.   But all my dependents are approved and received Approval notice with new  end date which is matching with H1B filing LCA end date.  My employer suggesting to leave out of country after 240 days  

My Question is,

Am I eligible to stay and work legally after 240 days as my H1B was approved as per USCIS status ?  Only proof I have to show is USCIS Site case status and  my dependents approved copies

On 6/28/2022 at 11:30 PM, adas579 said:

My H1B Approved in regular process last Jun2021 but Approval Notice was not received yet,  Later my employer submitted e-service request  but USCIS said that Approval notice was sent but we did not received. Later last September I-824 was filed to obtain duplicate approval notice , but its still pending and expedite process  was denied.  

Now my employer saying that my 240 days after I-94 expiry is approaching  in end of july22 and I can't work after that as I-9 verification need to be updated with new I-94 which we did not receive yet.   But all my dependents are approved and received Approval notice with new  end date which is matching with H1B filing LCA end date.  My employer suggesting to leave out of country after 240 days  

My Question is,

Am I eligible to stay and work legally after 240 days as my H1B was approved as per USCIS status ?  Only proof I have to show is USCIS Site case status and  my dependents approved copies

Is there any change in your client,  job title,  job duties or location to a different MSA?.  Your employer can try filing for an amendment in premium processing (using your receipt notice & USCIS Site case status) which will give you the I-94 date. 

Alternatively, Please look for a new employer and try for a transfer immediately.  Good Luck.

Lets see what other experts suggest.

Edited by Zodiac System