H1B work location change with approved I-140

Hi Team,

I have question regarding changing work location while I'm on H1B with I-140 approved. Currently I'm working for Company A (NY) and leaving in New Jersey, I have remote working option so I wanted to move to Texas with the same company A.

If I switch to Texas location with the same employer and in the same position, should the PERM process restart for Texas location and I -140 as well ? (OR) Just H1B amendment is sufficient for the location change and move to New Jersey location when priority date becomes current and at the time of filing AOS (I-485)? 

On 6/23/2022 at 11:18 AM, Indurthi said:

Hi Team,

I have question regarding changing work location while I'm on H1B with I-140 approved. Currently I'm working for Company A (NY) and leaving in New Jersey, I have remote working option so I wanted to move to Texas with the same company A.

If I switch to Texas location with the same employer and in the same position, should the PERM process restart for Texas location and I -140 as well ? (OR) Just H1B amendment is sufficient for the location change and move to New Jersey location when priority date becomes current and at the time of filing AOS (I-485)? 

You need an amendment for sure.  Your employer is associated with an attorney.  Check with your employer regarding the PERM process.  Good Luck.