All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnamikaD

Travelling to Canada or Mexico on expired stamping

Hello,

I've approved i-797 valid till Apr-2024. I am currently on H1B, however my visa-stamping was on H4 that got expired in March 2018.

My husband has got approved i-140 and i-797 that is valid till March 2023. His visa stamping is also expired back in March 2018.

Now, our i94 are also expired in March 2021 as it is shown on i94 website.
However, our i94 validity as mentioned in i-797 is valid till March 2023.

Can you suggest which i94 validity to consider? The one mentioned online or the one in i797?

Can we travel to Canada for vacation purpose on expired stamping and come back to USA within 30 days as mentioned on USCIS website?
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-expiration-date/auto-revalidate.html

Thanks

You only have one I-94 at a time, so the one you got most recently counts. If you applied for extension of stay and it was approved, you got an I-797A which came with a new I-94 as part of the page. That I-94 supersedes any I-94s you may have gotten before, including ones you got when entering the US. Those previous I-94s no longer matter. You can re-enter the US on Automatic Revalidation after a trip of less than 30 days to Canada or Mexico, since your I-94 has not expired.

On 5/20/2022 at 4:27 PM, AnamikaD said:

Hello,

I've approved i-797 valid till Apr-2024. I am currently on H1B, however my visa-stamping was on H4 that got expired in March 2018.

My husband has got approved i-140 and i-797 that is valid till March 2023. His visa stamping is also expired back in March 2018.

Now, our i94 are also expired in March 2021 as it is shown on i94 website.
However, our i94 validity as mentioned in i-797 is valid till March 2023.

Can you suggest which i94 validity to consider? The one mentioned online or the one in i797?

Can we travel to Canada for vacation purpose on expired stamping and come back to USA within 30 days as mentioned on USCIS website?
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-expiration-date/auto-revalidate.html

Thanks

Thank you so much for your confirmation!! That helps!!