I94 expiration & H1B transfer

Asinv3

Hi - I got laid off this month, H1b is valid till Apr 2023 however, I94 expires on 21 Apr 2022 due to passport validity. I was told that I have time till I94 expiration to find another job. I am currently in the process of changing to a new employer who would be filing my H1b Transfer but the offer start date is 02 May 2022. So, with premium processing, if the H1B gets approved before 21 Apr 2022 with 3 yrs validity and I start my new job on 02 May 2022. Will that put me out of status between 21 Apr 2022 & 02 May 2022? 

Yes, Thank you, have already informed the employer. Plan is to file H1 during 1st week of Apr in PP and hope that it gets Approved in 2 - 3 weeks time. Yes, you 're right, the 1st day of work would be 02 May 2022 so my question if new H1 is Approved on or before Apr 21 2022 and work commences on 02 May 2022, is the gap ok or will it bring about any status issues? 

On 3/24/2022 at 9:06 AM, Asinv3 said:

Yes, Thank you, have already informed the employer. Plan is to file H1 during 1st week of Apr in PP and hope that it gets Approved in 2 - 3 weeks time. Yes, you 're right, the 1st day of work would be 02 May 2022 so my question if new H1 is Approved on or before Apr 21 2022 and work commences on 02 May 2022, is the gap ok or will it bring about any status issues? 

A gap of few days is ok.