Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Visa Stamping for H4 outside Home Country and College Admissions

Recommended Posts

I’m an Indian Citizen.

I moved to US from Singapore in 2017 with dependents for 'Company A'.

In 2018, I moved to ‘Company B’. and H1B was transferred to Company B.  My dependents also have received i-797 until April 2021. In Feb 2021 my H1B has got extended until April 2024. However, my dependents have not yet received any approval notice for H4 extension petition. Case still shows as “fingers print taken”. In Dec 2020, my I-140 approved petition with ‘Company B’. 

Until now, I have not exit US to India or to any other country. So, I have not got VISA stamping in my passport with the new validity dates. The same goes with my daughter who will be joining college in 2023 to do her bachelors. Her Bachelors requires the VISA stamping in her passport or an approved I-797. As I have not received the approved I-797 (pending for 14 months now) for my dependents I'm planning to travel outside US with my daughter to get VISA stamping in the passport.

Can I travel with my daughter to Canada or Mexico to get the VISA stamping in mine and her passport? 
In other words, is it necessary I must go to my ‘Home Country – India in this case’ to get the VISA stamped or can I go out of US to any other country and get my VISA Stamped?

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now