All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nax06d

Next visit on B-2 after extending stay this year

I’m on H1-B visa. my parents are here in USA on B-2 visa from March 2021 with extension of stay and they are travelling back to India on 12/30/2021. They are planning to Visit USA in 2nd week of April for 3 months to stay. Is there any wait time before their next travel to USA next in 2022?

Edited by Nax06d

They should be more in their home country than in the US. If they travel so soon after leaving they risk a denial of entry, because it looks as if they are living in the US.

They should wait until 2023 to travel to the US again.

Edited by JoeF

On 12/15/2021 at 9:14 PM, JoeF said:

They should be more in their home country than in the US. If they travel so soon after leaving they risk a denial of entry, because it looks as if they are living in the US.

They should wait until 2023 to travel to the US again.

My parents are here to assist me with recovery from medical procedure and I do have letter from my surgeon to support their travel and stay in US. Does it make any difference?

No, it won't make any difference.

In fact, it could backfire. While your parents can of course provide moral support, as visitors they are not allowed to help in your household. That is considered work, and visitors can not work in the US. So, if they helped in your household it could be trouble for them.