Automatic Visa Revalidation

M Mann

Hi,
I am currently on h1b visa which is valid until Sep 2022 and I have my I-797 approval notice but my visa is not stamped (I don't have any H1 visa stamped on my passport). I have F1 visa stamped on my passport which expired in 2019. I am planning to travel to Canada and comeback within 30 days. So can I use automatic revalidation to enter USA on an expired visa with my I-797 and I-94?

Also I have completed a DS160 application and I am actively looking for appointments in London and Canada, Will it be considered as pending visa application and will it be treated as exclusion of Automatic Revalidation status.

Thanks

19 hours ago, M Mann said:

So can I use automatic revalidation to enter USA on an expired visa with my I-797 and I-94?

To "re-validate" you have to have H1b visa first, once stamped you can make trips to Canada to re-validate. 

Once your H1b is activated and you're working on it, forget about using stamped F1 in your passport, its of no use for you.

Read the link below from top to bottom, it has criteria as well. 

19 hours ago, M Mann said:

Will it be considered as pending visa application and will it be treated as exclusion of Automatic Revalidation status.

I do not think so but at-least you need to have appointment scheduled. 

Not sure here but what exactly you're trying to avoid??

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-expiration-date/auto-revalidate.html

• 2 weeks later...

As long as you have NOT scheduled an appointment with consulate, you can avail automatic revalidation. However, if you have scheduled an appointment and if the process is incomplete for whatever reasons then you cannot use/avail automatic revalidation. The immigration team would definitely flag your visit and take appropriate action.