H1B Petition to be carried for visa Interview--Please help

My current H1 petition ends in December 2021 and I got my  h1b extension approval recently which starts from  January 2022. 

I’m planning to travel in October and return by end of the October (if things go well with visa interview)  , in this case should I go to visa interview with my extension petition or should I travel with the current one which ends in 2021 December.

If I go with my extension petition which starts in January 2022 will they allow me at POE if I want to travel back by October or November 2021.

Kindly suggest :)

For such cases, it is hit-or-miss by the embassy. It will be best to go with both the current and extension documents. Technically visa stamp will be given for the duration of the current petition but try and request the Visa Officer politely and see if they will give you a stamp valid upto the end of your extension.

And if the VO at consulate only gives you visa stamp Dec 2021, you can still request CBP officer at Port of Entry and see if they will oblige by making your I94 valid till end of extension....again this is hit-or-miss but no harm in trying.

***Whatever happens, when you return back to US check your I94 very carefully while still at the CBP officer's desk to avoid any nasty surprises later.