H1B Stamping - Waiting for Response from USCIS

samuelebe

Hi All,

First of all thank you to this community for much help with right information during this immigration process. I wanted to bring my case to the table and gather any thoughts on this specific scenario.

I came to India on a family emergency while my wife and son stayed back in USA. We did not travel as a family because my kid is too young to travel and it is an emergency that I have to come quickly to India. However, I do not have a valid VISA to travel back to States and I need to go through the stamping process.

I was qualified for dropbox appointment and submitted required documents 4 weeks ago. Status check is showing "Application Received" and nothing has been changed since August 13, 2021. I was worried about this delay and my return to states. I need to go back early for my family is alone there and need my help to manage things. 

Couple of questions in this situation:

1. Some of my friends got VISA appointment and were able to get the VISA. is there any reason why few people case is stuck for long time?

2. Since this is pushing my dates further, there is a risk involved in my job as well. What are my options here to check with my firm legal team?

3. Is there anyway I can expedite this process or know more details on this case?

Appreciate your help. Thank you so much!

On 9/3/2021 at 4:17 PM, samuelebe said:

1. Some of my friends got VISA appointment and were able to get the VISA. is there any reason why few people case is stuck for long time?

This is not the case or you, you've already submitted your application via drop-box, just be patient and wait for outcome. 

2. Since this is pushing my dates further, there is a risk involved in my job as well. What are my options here to check with my firm legal team?

Easiest way is to ask Legal/HR directly if you are going to loose your job,  none of us here knows who do you work for and who your legal team is so you will have to take an initiative there.

3. Is there anyway I can expedite this process or know more details on this case?

No, nothing will move your application if it's in received or processing stage.