H1B Approved but still waiting for job offer

damima516

Hi,

Currently I am on STEM OPT and that expires in second week of Sept 2021. I got a conditional job offer from company A in Feb 2021 and they filed for my H1b as well. My H1b is approved but due to some of their internal processes taking time, it has been 4 months now and my final job offer has still not been approved by their office. As the time for my H1b to go into effect comes nearer, I am worried that they won't send the job offer in time and I would not be left with any options other than enrolling in some university just to maintain my status. I have been emailing them pretty regularly but their responses are always that they're still 'processing' the file. I have already applied for cap-gap at this point. Now my question is that if I end up not getting the job offer before Oct 1 and have to enroll in a university instead (classes begin Oct end), will I be considered out of status Oct 1 onwards? Or will still be on a valid H1b visa but unemployed until my F-1 visa comes into effect when my classes begin? When should I file for H1b to F-1 COS? 

Also, is there any way to force company A to expedite their approval process legally? 

On 8/20/2021 at 3:46 PM, damima516 said:

Or will still be on a valid H1b visa but unemployed until my F-1 visa comes into effect when my classes begin?

If you don't have job (job offer/conditional/ offer letter- does not count) and have filed/approved H1- you are not on H1. 

Do not rely on emails, try to get solid answer and maintain your status , at the end of day it's your responsibility. 

will I be considered out of status Oct 1 onwards?

Clarify this with your school DSO, they have clear answer for this.  (anything is approved is final. Filed, conditional approvals and offers are not).

Also, is there any way to force company A to expedite their approval process legally?

No, If they really need resource- they will do it else not.