Can I fill DS-160 form for my future wife before the wedding? If yes, what should I choose in the marital status?

Avi007

I am on H-1b visa and planning to get married on January 22nd, 2021. Since, it's hard to get the visa appointment these days in India, I was hoping I can fill the DS-160 and get an visa interview appointment right after my wedding so my wife can travel to the US as soon as possible. If I can fill DS-160 before marriage, is it okay if I choose other in the marital status box and explain the situation in the comment box? I know it is ideal to fill DS-160 after the wedding but we don't want to wait for couple of months for her to travel to the US. What is my best option so that I don't have to wait for the visa interview appointment? Thanks you!

On 8/18/2021 at 6:55 PM, Avi007 said:

is it okay if I choose other in the marital status box and explain the situation in the comment box?

You can, but you always file with information that is current as of filing date, not future date. 

I know you are planning ahead and do not want to wait, read the disclosures before signing and submitting the form and make your decision.