Continuing my PERM,i-140 with Previous Employer while on leave

sskg

Hi,

I'm working for employer X currently. My PERM is currently in process. Priority date is 06-08-2021.

I recently received an offer from employer Y whom I always aspired to work for. I'm planning to make a switch because my future employer Y isn't going to delay the joining date for me.

I'm planning to join employer Y on 10-01-2021(which includes my 4 week notice period+h1b visa transfer time) by not resigning with my current employer X (taking a two month paid leave from 10-1-2021 so that my PERM will be in progress and once it's approved(around DEC 1st week - 6 months from priority date) as I haven't resigned yet, they will start processing my i-140 in Premium(already got a confirmation))

I also got a confirmation that once i-140 is approved, my employer doesn't have the history of revoking even if I leave the company the very next day.

Can I do this confidently? What am I missing? I don't want to lose this offer and also don't want to start over my PERM processing all over again as it delays my priority date by almost more than an year. Please advice, thanks!