Going back to Old Employer

Hello,

My priority date is May 2011. Last year I changed employer. Looking at the movement in final action dates, I am thinking to go back to my previous employer. I have the following questions.

1. Can my old employer apply for I-485 after my H1B transfer is approved? Do we need to wait for anything?

2. Prevailing wage determination was done in 2010 when my PERM got approved. Does it change now? Is the employer still tied to pay that prevailing wage once my green card is issued?

3. How to know the prevailing wage that determination 11years ago?

TIA.

Edited by sp.dev
  • 2 weeks later...

Same question: I am interested in going back to my previous employer. My PD is JUly 2011 EB2 which is current as per the latest bulletin. My new employer has just filed the PERM so I am looking at another 6 months at least to get the PERM and then be able to file 485.

I have interviewed again with my previous employer (my I-140 is still valid).  So If I join them , can I be able to file i-485 right away after H1 Transfer? or do I need to wait for Paystubs - wait for one pay period or so? 

Appreciate your response .

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 10:21 AM, sp.dev said:

Hello,

My priority date is May 2011. Last year I changed employer. Looking at the movement in final action dates, I am thinking to go back to my previous employer. I have the following questions.

1. Can my old employer apply for I-485 after my H1B transfer is approved? Do we need to wait for anything?

2. Prevailing wage determination was done in 2010 when my PERM got approved. Does it change now? Is the employer still tied to pay that prevailing wage once my green card is issued?

3. How to know the prevailing wage that determination 11years ago?

TIA.

I am in same boat, please let me know what you find out. 

Also, does the old employer has to file PERM again due to role changes after 10 years? or I can just continue with I-485 after joining back?