EB3 downgrade vs stay on EB2

• 2 weeks later...

My personal suggestion is to file I-140 in EB3 and have both the I-140s (EB2 and EB3) ready in hand. The I-140 approval process takes 7 months to 1 year in regular process.  You can go for premium. But there are rumors that most of the I-140s are getting rejected in Premium process.  Don't decide about I-485 at this moment. Currently EB3 goes fast. The game might change in coming months. Once all the EB2 downgraded people get their GC in EB3, their spots EB2 would be released and EB2 might go fast since most of the crowd moved to EB3 for the years from 2010 to 2013 (as per latest visa bulletin).  Having two I-140s for both the queues, you can watch the trend in the coming visa bulletins (in the year 2022).  You can file your I-485 in that queue whichever goes fast. You will not need to spend time to get your I-140 approved at that time.  You can submit your I-485 directly on any queues.  You can think all the options and make your decision. Good luck.