H1-B Consular Processing

Hi there,

My H1-B transfer is approved but we are yet to receive new I-797 copy in mail from USCIS. And due to the urgent project requirement, I have to travel in the week of 15th Aug. Is new approved I-797 copy required for appearing at consulate? Is there any alternate document that can shown like the email approval received from USCIS. Has anybody had similar experience like this? And what is the timeline for receiving new I-797 in mail from USCIS?

If there are "urgent project requirements", why was the H1 filed with Consular Notification? Not Consular Processing, that's something for a Greencard.

If it was all that urgent they would have filed it with extension of status in the US. So, things don't add up here, or you are not giving us the important information.

On 8/4/2021 at 9:45 PM, Leavemessageh1b said:

No matter how urgent project requirement is, do not travel/go to interview without proper documents. If you go with e-mail approval, your case may go to admin processing (wait time).

contact your attorney to assist. 

My attorney is mentioning that physical approval takes up to 3 weeks to arrive. Will there be soft copy of approval shared with my attorney from USCIS? Also, is there any other document accepted in place of approval copy by the consulate?

Edited by GS1234567