Kid's EAD continuation after 21 yrs

Hello sir,

I applied for my GC-I485 in Oct/20 with my wife and daughter. My daughter was 19 yrs 9 month. With my priority date getting current I recently got our EAD approved but nothing for GC. 

If there is a delay in processing our GC or date retrogress and my daughter turns 21 in next February/21:

1) Is she require to change her status from H4 to F1

2) Can she continue on her EAD till the date becomes current again

thanks

Unmesh

She is not required to change her status. At 21 she will lose H4 status, but losing status while her I-485 is pending does not affect her I-485. She can still remain in the US for as long as her I-485 is pending, regardless of whether she has status or not. Maintaining status might be a good idea if you are worried that the I-485 will be denied.

She will not age out for immigration purposes at exactly 21. You have to do the CSPA calculation to determine when exactly she ages out.

Her I-485 will only be denied if it is determined that she has aged out according to the CSPA calculation. Until then, her I-485 will remain pending. As long as her I-485 remains pending, she can use her pending-I-485-based EAD.