H1b transfer before visa stamping- COS F1 to H1b

I completed MS from US in Dec 2018. Got employed under STEM OPT in Jan 2019. My employer filed for H1b and COS from F1 to H1b happened in Oct 2019. I worked for 1 yr 5 months in the US and travelled to India in Apr 2021 for family emergency. My visa stamping appointment got cancelled and I am unable to travel back to US. My employer wants to take me off the job since I am unable to return(3 months in India). I have another job offer from company B who is willing to transfer my H1b. Can they do a transfer while I am in India? Will I go into the lottery again? what is the procedure? Please advise.

Edited by Sam2021
Added additional qn to get more insight
  • 2 months later...
On 7/15/2021 at 11:52 AM, pontevecchio said:

B can file and get an H1 non-cap petition approved and you would then need an H1 visa stamp to return.

Can anyone else also confirm this as I am in kind of a similar situation. Basically want to know if I go the consular processing route for my H1B with employer A but end up not working with them, then would I be able to port H1B to employer B.