All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rpf

DS160- employment question

I was on H1b for my entire 6 years in US and it expired by the start of march 2021. I couldn't extend my stay since my PERM was pending. I moved back to India and was patiently waiting for the H1 extension to be applied for after my I-140 and PERM approval. During this waiting period I wasn't employed. Now that I have all of them approved I would like to go for a visa stamping. However when I was trying to fill out the DS160 , it seems like I have to provide the current employment details. Would I be able to get my visa approved if I mark it as "Not employed" and provide the reason in DS 160 or the success rate for it to get approved is meagre or depends on the VO's choice ?

Edited by rpf
missing additional info

19 hours ago, rpf said:

success rate for it to get approved is meagre or depends on the VO's choice ?

It depends on thousands of other factors but honesty and facts are the top most.

19 hours ago, rpf said:

Would I be able to get my visa approved if I mark it as "Not employed" and provide the reason in DS 160

Please do yourself a favor and state the "facts" only, do not lie on any govt application forms.

I also have similar issue that i was back to india and in family business, but now am not sure what to fill in DS-160, whether "not employed or business" please suggest.

All they care about is employment in the US. They have no jurisdiction outside the US. JUST write "employed outside the US."