Will there be a lottery process if H1B is revoked

user93

I am currently on H1B visa in a consulting company and my last working day is July 30th but since I've been extending my last working day multiple times due to various other confusions, my employer has put a deadline and said that I will be relieved from the project on July 2nd itself.

Luckily, I have an active offer from a FAANG company and waiting on H1B transfer to be done.

1. Will my consulting company revoke my H1B visa as soon as I am relieved from the project or will they hold on to my visa while I sit on bench?

2. Since H1B transfer process with the new company can take a maximum of 6 weeks, if my current company revokes my H1 and I go on grace period, will the new company have to apply a new H1B visa for me, as a new application where lottery process is involved?

Check with your employer on the last working day.  Is it July 2nd or July 30.  What is the last working day, your employer will be putting in his official records.  Your 60 days grace starts from this last working day.

Your transfer is based on your H1b approval.  It is not connected with employer revoking the approval.  Your transfer is already in process.  You look good.  

On 6/26/2021 at 1:39 AM, user93 said:

Luckily, I have an active offer from a FAANG company

This does not matter

1. Will my consulting company revoke my H1B visa as soon as I am relieved

No one can answer this except your company's legal team/Attorney

2. Since H1B transfer process with the new company can take a maximum of 6 weeks,

You should stay out of this and let your future employers attorney deal with it. In usual cases transfer is the option, but depending on your case and situation it can be different- that's why give the facts to your attorney and let them do their job.