H1b transfer after approval before Oct 1st

Hi ,

I am currently on an f1-stem opt visa which is valid till mar 2023. I got picked in the h1b lottery this year and my firm filed my h1b thru Premium processing and I received the approval notice. Now it seems like I may be laid off in the next month or so. I have an offer from another firm to join. Can I transfer my H1b using the approval to the second firm and work for them currently on an f1 visa and continue working for them with a h1b after oct1st. 

Thank you

On 6/23/2021 at 3:24 AM, Avinashcmuedu said:

Can I transfer my H1b using the approval to the second firm and work for them currently on an f1 visa and continue working for them with a h1b after oct1st. 

No. 

You can not transfer unless you've actually worked for original petitioner, however you can work for different firm on F1 anytime (once you take care of school documentation)

No.

An H1 transfer is only possible after you have started working on the H1 for the original H1 employer after Oct. 1. If you get laid off before that time the employer has to inform USCIS and the H1 will be revoked, and you are not considered counted for the quota.

Edited by JoeF