All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rakesh Nair

time limit to file I485

Dear All,

I read that there is a new rule that says one needs to file Green Card application "within" 1 YR of date being current.

Because of some unforeseen circumstances I could not file 485 with my old employer. My priority has been current for the last 3 yrs now...

The employer is ready to help me now and they also kept the I140 alive.

Can I still file my 485 with the employer using their I140 ?

Thank You,

Rakesh 

On 6/13/2021 at 1:27 PM, Rakesh Nair said:

Dear All,

I read that there is a new rule that says one needs to file Green Card application "within" 1 YR of date being current.

Because of some unforeseen circumstances I could not file 485 with my old employer. My priority has been current for the last 3 yrs now...

Thank You,

Rakesh 

Its a fairly dated article on Murthy but believe it still applies as USCIS has no such limitation mentioned on their website

https://www.murthy.com/2011/12/02/priority-date-finally-current-how-soon-should-i-485-be-filed/

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/visa-availability-priority-dates/when-to-file-your-adjustment-of-status-application-for-family-sponsored-or-employment-based-61

On 6/13/2021 at 1:27 PM, Rakesh Nair said:

Dear All,

Thank You,

Rakesh 

If there is any such new rule, please publish the link where you read this 1-year time limit for everyone's benefit