B1 extension for parents, sponsor on OPT

Hi there,

I am on OPT in the US and my initial OPT expires on August 5th.  My parents came here to visit on February 18th and their I-94 expires on August 18th. I want to extend their stay for another 6 months as they have health issues and considering the situation in India it is not safe for them to travel.  1) Do I have to file 2 separate i-539 applications for them? (I understand that the fees would be separate for each one of them) 2) Can I sponsor them considering I'm on OPT? 3) Do the statements and the i-134 should be separate for them? 4) Can I do the application online? 5) Can I do it on their behalf?

Please advise.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Best,
Reshma

Please check the instructions to be sure.  You may have to file separate I-539 applications.  

You cannot sponsor them, but can give an affidavit of support stating that you will pay for room and board for the duration of stay.  This is optional and generally only requested at the time of the issuance of visa.

You can repeat the statements for both.

There may be a place in the application for signature of preparer, in that case you submit on their behalf.