I an USC got married in Sept 2018 to someone who was in this country on a B1/B2 Visa. She got her GC in Sept/Oct 2019. During the period between 2018 and 2019 she was all good and hunky dory. The moment the GC came to her hand her true color showed up. I had made multiple attempts to restore some semblance but without success. This January I had a heart to heart conversation with her asking her to change the ways so that our relationship can progress beyond just a GC. Not sure what she figured - one fine day she called the cops on me charging me with assault. The very next day she left home to stay on her own. She filed a protective order and a divorce case against me. The protective order was full of lies and contradicting statements and even the Sheriff's office report is doubting it. With Protective order and subsequent VAWA case nowhere in sight she is pressing for an early divorce. One of the understandings we had (not pre-nup) is that she will not touch my properties/assets and I will definitely cause no trouble in getting her the GC. Now the queries

1. Does she have any other option to get a GC or stay in this country without me signing the dotted lines when the GC comes for a 2 year review? If so, what are those option.

2. Since I have been duped I have no interest in sponsoring their GC anymore. Is there a way to back out so they don't get their GC anymore

I would like to get more options if there are any

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 11:30 AM, roy@edmonton said:

I an USC got married in Sept 2018 to someone who was in this country on a B1/B2 Visa. She got her GC in Sept/Oct 2019. During the period between 2018 and 2019 she was all good and hunky dory. The moment the GC came to her hand her true color showed up. I had made multiple attempts to restore some semblance but without success. This January I had a heart to heart conversation with her asking her to change the ways so that our relationship can progress beyond just a GC. Not sure what she figured - one fine day she called the cops on me charging me with assault. The very next day she left home to stay on her own. She filed a protective order and a divorce case against me. The protective order was full of lies and contradicting statements and even the Sheriff's office report is doubting it. With Protective order and subsequent VAWA case nowhere in sight she is pressing for an early divorce. One of the understandings we had (not pre-nup) is that she will not touch my properties/assets and I will definitely cause no trouble in getting her the GC. Now the queries

1. Does she have any other option to get a GC or stay in this country without me signing the dotted lines when the GC comes for a 2 year review? If so, what are those option.

2. Since I have been duped I have no interest in sponsoring their GC anymore. Is there a way to back out so they don't get their GC anymore

I would like to get more options if there are any

Sorry to read about all this but you are best advised to talk to an attorney for yourself first and then worry about the GC details.