All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I came to the USA in 2007 on H1b. After a years-long wait for the green card to come current, my priority date is current. Now it's time to apply for 485. Over the period and due to staying home for a long time without work, my spouse has developed minor depression symptoms, and she is on a low dose of antidepressants at this time. I was reviewing the medical exam requirements for GC and some mental conditions. Will staying on a low dose of antidepressant have any impact on her status of adjustment for GC from the medical exams side?

On 5/30/2021 at 6:21 AM, Bal00009 said:

I came to the USA in 2007 on H1b. After a years-long wait for the green card to come current, my priority date is current. Now it's time to apply for 485. Over the period and due to staying home for a long time without work, my spouse has developed minor depression symptoms, and she is on a low dose of antidepressants at this time. I was reviewing the medical exam requirements for GC and some mental conditions. Will staying on a low dose of antidepressant have any impact on her status of adjustment for GC from the medical exams side?

Best to talk openly to the USCIS panel doctor - there is no cookie cutter answer here. You lie on the GC forms and you are opening yourself to perjury and fraud at a later point - not worth the risk!