Travel with I797 from current and future employer

So here is my situation. I have a I797 from my current employer A. I also have a I797 from employer B. I decided to take a vacation before joining employer B and travelled to India. In India, I got my visa stamped using I797 from employer A and entered USA via SFO using I797 from employer A. I plan to give my 2 week notice to employer A now and start working for employer B in two weeks.

1. Is it ok? or Will it cause any issue?

2. I read somewhere that once leave the country, you surrender all I94s. During return, depending on which I797 is used, corresponding I94 is activated. As such my I94 from employer B needs to be activated prior to my joining them, i.e., I would need to travel outside USA (maybe Mexico or Canada) and travel back with I797 from employer B after my notice period to be able to join them. Not sure if that is correct, but in current environment, I would rather not travel outside again to join another employer. Please shed some light if one has more info on this?