Non Immigrant - Travel Back to the USA (Parent of a child under 21 years)

Srinivas N

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I would like to request your advice to travel back to the United States.

I'm a non Immigrant worker (H-1B) in the United States. Both my kids (Under the age of 21 years) are USA Citizens staying in USA. I'm currently in India to visit my family here.

I would like to check with you - whether I'm allowed to travel back to USA in this current COVID situation with new guidelines.

In the proclamation released recently by the US government, it was mentioned that the following category is an exception to the travel ban:

"Any non citizen who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21."

As my kids are under 21, and they are in the United States, am I allowed to travel back now.

Would you please assist me in this regard.

Thank you.

Edited by Srinivas N

Srinivas

US Embassy India Twitter account posted this 20 hours ago. I am not sure if Minor children means under 18 or under 21. Please check.

Non-U.S. citizen parents of minor US citizen children, including parents holding valid H-1B & H-4 visas, are not subject to travel suspension and may enter the United States without receiving an exception. Please be prepared to present proof of relationship to airline officials.

• 2 weeks later...