Query on Visa appointment cancelation and future options

I travelled to India in April due to family emergency. While travelling, I had made an Dropbox appointment in May 20. Considering the new rule from the president , I believe all appointments are cancelled until further notice. I am not sure. what my options are now. 

Can I apply for a visa interview in Mexico or another country , is this a viable option.

Or should I stay in  India and wait for the ban to be lifted.  Let me know

18 hours ago, Zodiac System said:

If your employer/client is OK with it, continue with your stay in India until ban is lifted and stay safe.

Thanks for the response, I will check with my employer to continue to stay in india.

However, I have another query, I contacted Visa service desk via email and was crosschecking if my appointment is cancelled. Their response is as below and it is confusing. Any reason they are asking me to come for visa drop box appointment as per schedule ?

usvisa response.PNG

On 5/4/2021 at 5:45 AM, Bojarajan said:

Thanks for the response, I will check with my employer to continue to stay in india.

However, I have another query, I contacted Visa service desk via email and was crosschecking if my appointment is cancelled. Their response is as below and it is confusing. Any reason they are asking me to come for visa drop box appointment as per schedule ?

usvisa response.PNG

I understand that there is a travel restriction by Biden Govt. for 30 days due to COVID.  It is purely for health reasons.  If the US Consulate has called you for drop box appointment, I feel that you should attend it.  Good Luck.

Edited by Zodiac System