H1B transfer before Sep/ Oct 2021

Hi, I am currently on STEM OPT and have 1 more year until it is expired. I am currently working for company A under OPT. My H1B registration lottery was picked in Company B. Company B will proceed and apply for my H1B petition. I have two questions

1. Once H1B petition is approved for Company B, can I request for a H1B transfer to Company A even before I start working for Company B officially in Sep/ Oct 2021?

2. If Company A is not willing to do H1B and I wish to stay on OPT. Can I have my H1B from Company B cancel even after petition approval and stay on my OPT status and continue working for Company A? If so, what is a good time line to follow?

Thanks!

Thank you all. I know a contact who got his H1B transferred to a new company even before it got activated in Oct, I am seeking a lawyer's opinion, but still curious to know why it is not possible. 

Related to Question 2 - if company B filed for my H1B and got approval, and then I decide not to pursue job with company B, then can I let go of the whole application before Oct 2021 and continue on OPT?

Thanks again

On 4/30/2021 at 10:14 AM, nitin671 said:

Thank you all. I know a contact who got his H1B transferred to a new company even before it got activated in Oct, I am seeking a lawyer's opinion, but still curious to know why it is not possible. 

Related to Question 2 - if company B filed for my H1B and got approval, and then I decide not to pursue job with company B, then can I let go of the whole application before Oct 2021 and continue on OPT?

Thanks again

If you do not join company B, then by law, company B will withdraw your petition.  Consult your employer A/attorney in case you want to transfer your approved H1b from company B to company A or continue with your OPT but keep in mind that company B will be spending thousands of dollars filing for your H1b filing and will not be happy if you do not join him.  Good luck.

Edited by Zodiac System