All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rv2021

I-485 adjustment of status interview before priority date - Technical denial

I recently received my EAD based on the filing using my EB3(have an approved I140) during November 2020 (when the filing date went till 2015) my priority date is 11/05/2012. In March 2021 I received by mail a request by USCIS for I485 AOS interview. I just completed my interview on 4/26/2021. During this interview the agent all my documentation looks good but they can’t provide with Green card and they will put case in “Technical denial” status. In this status I can’t renew my EAD using 485. 

However I can request to reopen this file within one year if my priority date is reached, if not reopen within one year then case will move from “Technical denial” to “Closed”. This is exactly the agent mentioned.

I am worried about the EAD cannot be renewed . Please advise. I am also waiting for an official notice from USCIS

Hi, is there any update on your case. Is there any reason given why they gave this status and why you cant extend EAD.  

Sorry to here on your Technical Denial , Do you know the actual Reason for Technical Denial ? what were documents you carried for interview and Question asked by officer ? did you fumbled to show the proof of your work history or any others documents requested by Officer ?

Example: Your Original I-140 was with same employer are different employer ? Your old employer Revoked your I 140 ? your I 140  approval will not have any impact by Previous employer revocation.

EAD extension based on Technical Denial status is little tricky , Please see the legal advise on this matter to articulate your case to Motion to re-open and EAD extension with justifications of the truth and actual situation.

Wish you good luck.