Quitting after filing H4 COS without receipt

My wife is on H1 which will expire on 20th July 2021. I filed a H4 COS with an effective date of July 21st 2021. She received receipt for the H4 COS already. However, due to some reasons, she needs to leave her job earlier than the effective date.

Should she wait for a receipt from USCIS or can she leave once its filed? As receipts are taking 6 to 8 weeks to get..

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 4:28 PM, ajusr said:

My wife is on H1 which will expire on 20th July 2021. I filed a H4 COS with an effective date of July 21st 2021. She received receipt for the H4 COS already. However, due to some reasons, she needs to leave her job earlier than the effective date.

Should she wait for a receipt from USCIS or can she leave once its filed? As receipts are taking 6 to 8 weeks to get..

She can quit the job once USCIS received the application. Make sure to hold on to the shipping receipt.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 1:28 PM, ajusr said:

Hi, Did you get H4 cos receipt from USCIS?  I am also planning to switch from H1B to H4, so wanted to know how long will it take to get the receipt notice nowadays?