F1 to H4 COS

I am currently working on F1 OPT which expires this December mid. I did not get my H1B selected in lottery this year, so I initiated my process to get converted from F1 to H4. This is a H4 COS with EAD application filed concurrently. I have few questions on this,

1. Once I get my H4 COS approved, can I continue working with my F1 OPT until H4-EAD is approved? 

2.I also see a long processing time of more than 12 months now. If I feel that the conversion is not going to be approved before my F1 OPT expires, can I get H4 stamped travelling out of country and withdraw my H4 COS application that was already filed?

3. I am in a time crunch not willing to take any employment gap because of delayed processing time. Is there anyway I can expedite the process

Thanks!

Edited by Priya Lokesh
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 5:28 PM, Priya Lokesh said:

I am currently working on F1 OPT which expires this December mid. I did not get my H1B selected in lottery this year, so I initiated my process to get converted from F1 to H4. This is a H4 COS with EAD application filed concurrently. I have few questions on this,

1. Once I get my H4 COS approved, can I continue working with my F1 OPT until H4-EAD is approved? 

2.I also see a long processing time of more than 12 months now. If I feel that the conversion is not going to be approved before my F1 OPT expires, can I get H4 stamped travelling out of country and withdraw my H4 COS application that was already filed?

3. I am in a time crunch not willing to take any employment gap because of delayed processing time. Is there anyway I can expedite the process

Thanks!

1. No, you cannot, Once your H-4 is approved you are in H-4 status.

2. Yes, you can do that. File COS to H-4 and H-4 EAD after May 17th as you will not have biometrics and process will go faster.

3. Just apply after May 17th 2021. You should get in 6 months.