Coming back to USA on H-1B & withdrawn I-140

srapdy

Hi, I could not find an answer for my situation reading through forums so I am here hoping someone will help me. 

I left U.S. after 13 years on H-1B. I had obviously maxed out 6 years on H-1B. I have an approved I-140 with my employer with PD in 2012 i.e., I-140 approved years ago. I am currently working remote from outside the U.S. for the same employer with their overseas branch.

If I quit my employer, what are my options to return back to U.S. in the future assuming my H-1B expires and my employer withdraws I-140 following resignation.

1. Can I come back to the U.S. on cap-exempt H-1B from a new employer even though my previous H-1B expired? Or do I need a fresh H-1B  through lottery?

2. If possible to come back to the U.S. on cap-exempt H-1B, does it also require the new employer to apply for PERM/I-140 approval prior to H-1B transfer process? In other words, can I came back to the US cap-exempt H-1B and then file for PERM/I-140 with new employer?

Thanks,
Sridhar