All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ram29

Misdemeanor for domestic voilence

Hello I got convicted with misdemeanor class A for domestic violence in Texas. I am currently on H1B and my employer will be filing labour next month for my green card process, and I am planning to initiate my H1B visa extension next year. could someone explain if my employer will know that I have a criminal record while filing labor? if yes i wanted to stop my labor process and secure my job. can someone explain how i can secure my job and what will be the best outcome going forward to avoid all this immigration issues.

You will have to disclose this to the employer visa team.

As for "avoiding immigration issues", you should have thought about that before hitting your spouse. Domestic violence is absolutely never justified.

And you don't even seem to show remorse for your actions.

Edited by JoeF

Reach out to an Immigration attorney, he/she can give you the best advice. Find the best on sites like AVVO and talk to them about this.

H1B extension doesnt require you to disclose criminal record, its just not in the process . RFE might be expected at most but I don't  think you need to mention in your petition . @JoeF People come here if they have made mistakes , you don't need to aggravate the situation . Dont reply if you cant help.