Misdemeanor for domestic voilence

Hello I got convicted with misdemeanor class A for domestic violence in Texas. I am currently on H1B and my employer will be filing labour next month for my green card process, and I am planning to initiate my H1B visa extension next year. could someone explain if my employer will know that I have a criminal record while filing labor? if yes i wanted to stop my labor process and secure my job. can someone explain how i can secure my job and what will be the best outcome going forward to avoid all this immigration issues.

You will have to disclose this to the employer visa team.

As for "avoiding immigration issues", you should have thought about that before hitting your spouse. Domestic violence is absolutely never justified.

And you don't even seem to show remorse for your actions.

Edited by JoeF
  • 3 weeks later...

Many states follow the classification system for assigning punishment for such criminal charges. In the classification system, the state sub categorizes crimes into classes like A, B, C, D, and E and some into levels like 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Class A or Level 1 includes the most serious crimes and the seriousness of the crime goes on decreasing as the level increases. The subcategorization helps in assigning the sentence for the offense.

However, some states do not subcategorize felony, instead, they assign a sentence for every criminal charge based on its seriousness.

Contact us online or call at 877-359-7077.

Edited by nickjackson
  • 2 years later...

hi @Ram29 @nairr3631

I have been arrested  last year once for Misdeameanor issue(Assault on Female, but which is not expected and not  my mistake at all) and the case has been Dispositioned now(i.e Dismissed without Leave by DA)

Will there any issue while i go for stamping, at port of entry and GC process?
What docs i have to get for stamping on this issue?
Is it good to expunge right now 

Your reply will help me a lot
  • 3 months later...