Filling H4 EAD application with a background of L2 EAD

Nagaraja Lingaiah

Hi, While filling my H4 EAD application, I have a question on the section 1a . I worked on L2 visa EAD card in the year 2008 and that card is expired now. After about 12 years now, I am planning to restart my career under H4 EAD category, what should I fill in the application 1a, which has 3 options,  first one is initial employment, 2nd category is stolen or damaged EAD and 3rd category is Renewal. I am not sure should I choose renewal of EAD card or should I say initial employment since this is my first time applying under H4 category.  Can anyone help please? There are the options. Item Number 1.a. Initial permission to accept employment. Item Number 1.b. Replacement of a lost, stolen, or damaged EAD, or correction of your EAD not due to USCIS error. NOTE: Replacement (correction) of an employment authorization document due to USCIS error does not require a new Form I-765 and filing fee. Refer to Replacement for Card Error in the What Is the Filing Fee section of these Instructions for further details. Item Number 1.c. Renewal of your permission to accept employment. If you select Item Number 1.c., attach a copy of your previous EAD.